The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for excellent students from both EU/EEA as well as non-EU/EEA countries, applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente.
All You Need to Know about University of Twente Scholarship in Netherlands 2021
The University of Twente is a public technical university located in Enschede, the Netherlands. The University has been placed in the top 400 universities in the world by three major ranking tables.
UT was ranked 65th in the Reuters’s 2017 European Most Innovative Universities, and, 184th worldwide in 2019 according to the Times Higher Education magazine
- Hosted Country: Netherlands.
- Hosted University: UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE.
- Duration: 1-2 years.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: approximately 50 scholarships available.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Master.
UTS Scholarship Areas
- Applied Mathematics
- Applied Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Business Administration
- Business Information Technology
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering & Management
- Communication Science
- Computer Science
- Construction Management & Engineering
- Educational Science & Technology
- Electrical Engineering
- Embedded Systems
- Environmental & Energy Management
- European Studies
- Health Sciences
- Industrial Design Engineering
- Industrial Engineering & Management
- Interaction Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Philosophy of Science, Technology & Society
- Public Administration
- Sustainable Energy Technology
- Systems & Control
University of Twente Scholarship BENEFITS
- € 3,000 – € 22,000 for one year (approximately 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year programme, make sure you read the information about two-year study programmes below.
- Have a look at the overview of the estimated costs of living when studying at the University of Twente (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is meant as a compensation for study related costs. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money. No costs (e.g. tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
TWO-YEAR STUDY PROGRAMME
In case of a two-year study programme, students can receive an additional UTS of an amount equal to that in the first year to cover the expenses of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued during the second year when students meet the process requirements for the UTS. You must have obtained:
- An average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- At least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
In order to be eligible for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Application for an UT scholarship is a procedure separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you will need to gain an admission letter first.
- You have been (provisionally) admitted to one of the qualifying UT Master programmes starting in the academic year 2021/2022 (September). Please note: After completion of your application, it may take up to 8 weeks before you receive the results.
- You must have a studentnumber.
- have not graduated from a UT (under)graduate programme;
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- comply with the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT of 90) and an additional 6.0 (TOEFL iBT 20) on the subscore of speaking skills
- You are not eligible for a Dutch study loan;
- The University Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for excellent students. Typically this means that you belong to the best 5 to 10 percent of your class
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Bachelor’s transcript of records.
- Additional degree.
- Additional transcript of records.
- Document CGPA / Grading scale.
- English language test: IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge.
- Motivation letter.
- Course descriptions.
Application Procedures for University of Twente Scholarship 2021
You have to apply for a Master’s programme first. Once you applied for a Master’s programme and received a (conditional) admission letter, you can apply for the scholarship with your student number.
UTS is not available for Dutch and/or current UT students.
The UTS is not available for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
The UTS is not available for the pre-Master programme.
Deadlines for scholarship rounds
Round 1 – Application deadline:
- Application form opens per 15 October 2020, 09.00 CET
- Application forms closes per 1 February 2021, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2021)
As Application deadline – round 2:
- Application form opens per 1 February 2021, 16.00 CET
- Application form closes per 1 May 2021, 16.00 CET (for programmes starting September 2021)
If you applied in round 1, and your application was rejected, an application in round 2 is not considered. You can only be awarded with one UT scholarship.
Scholarship Official Website
An additional scholarship can be awarded to UTS recipients (only for programmes starting in September 2020):
You need to apply for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) in order to be eligible for a Kipaji Scholarship. This scholarship has additional requirements. Please make sure you check the information of the Kipaji Scholarship programme.