University of Toronto fully funded undergraduate scholarship, known as The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships, provide an unparalleled opportunity for outstanding international students to study at one of the world’s best universities in one of the world’s most multicultural cities.
The scholarship program is intended to recognize students who demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and creativity and who are recognized as leaders within their school. A special emphasis is placed on the impact the student has had on the life of their school and community, and their future potential to contribute positively to the global community.
Through this article, you can check full information about University of Toronto undergraduate scholarship 2021, funding, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about University of Toronto undergraduate scholarship 2021
Established in 1827, the University of Toronto is Canada’s largest university, recognized as a global leader in research and teaching. U of T’s distinguished faculty, institutional record of groundbreaking scholarship and wealth of innovative academic opportunities continually attract outstanding students and academics from around the world. Few other universities offer as great a diversity of programs and resources.
The University of Toronto stands among the top research universities in the world. U of T’s 44 libraries make up the third largest library system in North America, it produce more research than almost any other institution worldwide and their 500,000+ alumni can be found across the globe.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in Canada.
- Hosted University: University of Toronto.
- Duration: 4 years for undergraduate.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of awards: 37-100.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate.
University of Toronto scholarship Areas
Scholarships offered by University of Toronto to study free of charge in Canada target all programs and majors at the following colleges:
- Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering Architecture, Landscape and Design
- Arts and Science
- Continuing Studies
- Faculty of Information
- Kinesiology and Physical Education
- Public Health
- Social work
You can check all offered undergraduate programs following this link
University of Toronto fully funded Scholarship BENEFITS
tuition, books, incidental fees, and full residence support for four years.
Scholarship Application Eligibility
Pearson Scholars are students who have demonstrated exceptional academic achievement and creativity, who are accepted as leaders within their school, and who have the potential to contribute to the global community in the future. They can be distinguished from other students who may have equally high academic results by virtue of their breadth of interest, intellectual energy and impact on the life of their school and community.
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- an international student (i.e. a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June of the year of application
- beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September of the year of application (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January of the year of application at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Application Procedures for University of Toronto undergraduate scholarship 2021
To become a Pearson Scholar, you must be nominated by your school and apply to undergraduate studies at the University of Toronto. Ask your school guidance counsellor about being nominated. Once you’ve been nominated and have applied to the University of Toronto, you will be sent a personalized, secure link to the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship application.
To apply, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school (High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.)
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
- School nomination deadline: November 30.
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, (Please note this is the final date to submit an application to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, as spaces in programs fill-up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: January 18, of each year.