Pangolin Photo Challenge competition invites you to the 1st Annual Pangolin Photo Challenge! Participate now! As wildlife photographers, we shouldn’t just wait until we go on a safari…we should be photographing nature wherever we are. This is your opportunity to join in the fun, improve your photography and support our conservation initiative at the same time.
Pangolin Photo Challenge competition Details
The Pangolin Photo Challenge is designed to help you keep your creative juices flowing and inspired throughout the year, and not just when you are on holiday. The challenge is in four parts with the difficulty level increasing slightly as you progress through the challenge.
This Pangolin Photo Challenge 2022 is divided into four challenges – Birds of the World, Black and White, Mammal Behavior and Creative Captures. One image will be allowed per entrant per challenge. You may enter the same image in different challenges but this will count against you if you are hoping to compete in the Grande Portfolio prize.
Image submitted to the Pangolin Photo Challenge must adhere to the following conditions:
- Submitted image must have been taken in 2021. The metadata of the file will be inspected to ensure qualification. The capture date will be published on the website along with the image.
- All images should be a faithful representation of the original scene in the natural world. Composite images will not be allowed. Post-production adjustments can be used but excessive use will count against the image’s overall standing with the judges.
The judges may request the original image file for review when the shortlist has been completed. This will precede their judgement and declaration of the challenges and portfolio winners and runners up.
Who can enter the competition?
The competition is open to all amateur AND professional photographers aged 18 or over from any country in the world with the following two exceptions.You may not be:
Employees of Pangolin Photo Safaris and their immediate relatives/household. All Photo Safari Operators and Guides who make the use of Pangolin Photo Safaris properties and services
Competition Entry fee
The entry fee is £15 per category.
Pangolin Photo Challenge competition Prizes
4x Challenge Winner Prizes: The winner of each of the four challenges will win the following:
- Five days at The Pangolin Chobe Hotel for two people. Valued over $4000.
- 4 nights at the Pangolin Chobe Hotel (Full board).
- Twice daily photo activities in The Chobe (Photo Boat and Game viewer).
- All meals and drinks.
- Advice and assistance from The Pangolin Photo Hosts.
- Afternoon image review and editing sessions.
- Airport pick up and transfers from Kasane Airport.
- All park fees, bed levies and taxes.
- A limited edition Pangolin Body Warmer.
4 x Challenge Runner-up Prizes:
- Pangolin Photo Safaris Voucher for $2000 + A Pangolin Body Warmer
4 x People’s Vote Prizes (one per challenge):
- Pangolin Photo Safaris Voucher for $1000 + A Pangolin Body Warmer
Winner of the Pangolin Photo Challenge Best Portfolio:
- 10-day Chobe, Delta and Kalahari Safari for two people. Valued at $20,000
- 3 nights on The Pangolin Voyager Houseboat
- Charter flights courtesy of Mack Air and Safari Air
- 3 nights at The Pangolin Photo Camp
- 3 nights at Ker and Downey’s Dinaka
- Accompanied by a Pangolin Photo Host throughout
- All meals, drinks, park fees, bed levies and taxes
- Limited edition Pangolin Body Warmer
1 Lucky Prize Draw – every image entered (max 4) is a ticket to the draw.:
The winner of The Lucky Prize Draw wins-
- Five days at The Pangolin Chobe Hotel for two people. Valued over $4000
- 4 nights at the Pangolin Chobe Hotel (Full board)
- Twice daily photo activities in The Chobe (Photo Boat and Game viewer)
- All meals and drinks
- Advice and assistance from The Pangolin Photo Hosts
- Afternoon image review and editing sessions
- Airport pick up and transfers from Kasane Airport
- All park fees, bed levies and taxes
- A limited edition Pangolin Body Warmer
Visit the official competition website and click on Apply Now to take part in 1st Annual Pangolin Photo Challenge!
- To take part in The Pangolin Photo Challenge you must first register. You will only need to register once to take part in all the 2021 challenges.
- There is no charging entry fee to get involved in the Pangolin Photo Challenge. Instead, Pangolin asks that you make a contribution to their non-profit organisation Pangolin. Africa to support the work they are doing to protect the favorite animal there in Africa. The amount that you contribute is entirely up to you. Whatever you can afford. This is a global challenge and they realize residents of different countries can afford different amounts. No matter what that amount is, rest assured every penny will be spent on protecting and conserving the four African pangolin species.
- Then submit your best image among the 4 categories.
Note: The four categories have different deadlines. Please be careful with submission.
The registration deadline by category:
- Birds of the world: Closes June 30th.
- Black and white: Closes August 31st.
- Mammal behaviour: Closes October 31st.
- Creative captures: Closes December 31st.
You can check the competition website following this link.
Check other prizes and contests following International Competitions category