Are you looking for a free training opportunity in Japan? Check OIST Fully Funded Internship program, at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology in Japan.
The OIST Graduate School offers education and research opportunities through our Research Intern program.
The duration of the internship is typically from 2 to 6 months. These short-term placements give students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique.
Interns will work under the direction of a Professor and contribute to the research activities of OIST.
All You Need to Know about OIST Fully Funded Internship in Japan 2021
Students in undergraduate program or recently graduated interested in joining the OIST PhD program may undertake educational activity at OIST as a Research Intern.
A research internship at OIST provides students with experience working in a research environment under the direction of OIST faculty.
- Hosted Country: Japan.
- Hosted University: Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology.
- Duration: 2-6 Months.
- Coverage: Fully Funded.
- No. of Internships: Not specified.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate and master students.
OIST Fully Funded Internship Areas
- Nonlinear and Non-equilibrium Physics
- Quantum Systems
- Evolutionary Genomics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Femtosecond Spectroscopy
- Computational Neuroscience
- Neural Computation
- Biodiversity and Biocomplexity
- Electronic and Quantum Magnetism
- Mathematics, Mechanics, and Materials
- Embodied Cognitive Science Unit
- Neural Coding and Brain Computing Unit
- Sensory and Behavioral Neuroscience
- Continuum Physics
- Igor Goryanin Biological Systems
- Theoretical Physics
- Immune Signalling
- Organic Optoelectronics
- Coordination Chemistry and Catalysis
- Membranology Unit
- Quantum Dynamics
- Membrane Cooperativity
- Protein Engineering and Evolution
- Genomics and Regulatory Systems Unit
- Information Processing Biology
- Developmental Neurobiology
- Ecology and Evolution
- Physics and Biology
- Marine Biophysics
- Quantum Gravity
- Light-Matter Interactions for Quantum Technologies
- Quantum Materials Science
- Biological Complexity
- Numerical simulations of laminar and turbulent complex flow.
- Marine Climate Change
- Plant Epigenetics
- Theory of Quantum Matter
- Quantum Wave Microscopy
- Cellular Biology
- Nonlinear Analysis Unit
- Representation Theory and Algebraic Combinatorics Unit
- Biological Physics Theory
- Experimental Quantum Information Physics
- Cellular and Molecular Synaptic Function
- Chemistry and Chemical Bioengineering
- Memory Research Unit
- Cognitive Neurorobotics
- Shocks, Solitons, and Turbulence Unit
- Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory
- Human Developmental Neurobiology
- Neuronal Rhythms in Movement
- Evolutionary Neurobiology Unit
- Neurobiology Research
- Molecular Cryo-Electron Microscopy
- Cell Signalling
- G0 Cell Unit
- Neuronal Mechanisms for the Critical Period
- Nucleic Acid Chemistry and Engineering
- Bioinspired Soft Matter
OIST Internship Internship BENEFITS
OIST will provide the following support for successful applicants.
- Internship Allowance JPY 2,400 per working day (taxable and weekends excluded)
- Commuting Allowance: OIST Shuttle Bus Pass
- Travel Expenses: One direct round-trip air ticket (travel date will be closest date to the term of placement)
- Overnight Accommodation: Furnished apartment on or off campus
Other Support OIST will also assist in visa acquisition, insurance procedures, and local registration. This will only be provided for the student. Therefore, this does not pertain to the dependents and family members of the student.
Eligibility for OIST paid Internship:
Those eligible to apply for the OIST Research Internship Program include:
Excellent students who are in the final 2 years of the undergraduate or Masters programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or graduates of such institutions.
Currently enrolled students must have approval from their home institution. Academic background of applicants should be appropriate to their desired host unit(s) at OIST.
REQUIREMENTS For OIST Internship in Japan
You may complete the application all at once or in multiple sessions. Please fill out and submit the following materials to apply for the program:
1) Curriculum Vitae Sheet: Please upload your CV on the online application form.
- There is no required format. However, you can use this OIST CV Template as reference.
2) Statement of Interest: The Statement of Interest form is provided on the online application form.
Please write a 400-word statement including the following points:
- How does OIST and your desired research unit(s) fit with your current expertise and skill set? If you are interested in multiple research units, please explain your interest and fit for each briefly within one single statement.
- What do you hope to accomplish at OIST?
- How does a research internship at OIST fit into your overall career plans/aspirations?
3) Academic Transcript: Scanned copies of your current academic transcript and any other transcript from your past degree (BSc, MSc, etc.)
- An English explanation is required for transcripts that are not written in English.
4) Recommendation Letter
A letter of reference from an academic or research professional familiar with your work is required.
Each applicant is required to have at least one and no more than three letters of recommendation from appropriate referees.
5) ID Photo: Upload a recent photo, showing your face from the front in standard passport orientation.
Application Procedures for OIST Fully Funded Internship
- Applications to the program must be made through the online form.
- You can only submit your application after at least one recommendation letter is received in the application system.
- You will receive an auto-notification that your application has been received. (Please check your settings to ensure you can receive emails from @oist.jp domain.)
- Following the application period, applications will be screened and selection will be completed.
- The result announcement will be posted on your application platform 3 months after the application deadline. You will receive a notification when the result is posted. (In some cases, applicants’ email services/settings prevent receipt of our notifications. Please confirm that your inbox is able to receive emails from @oist.jp domain.)
- Following final confirmation of internship offers, all necessary arrangements will be made, in cooperation with the interns. Your cooperation is required for timely completion of logistics to begin the internship, including possible visa preparations and other necessary Japanese government documentation.
|Application Round||Desired Starting Date Range||Application Period||Result Announcement|
|Round 1||Starting between October – March||March 15th – April 15th, 23:59 (JST UTC+9)||July|
|Round 2||Starting between April – September||September 15th -October 15th, 23:59 (JST UTC+9)||January|
You can check the scholarship website following this link.
Check other scholarships opportunities following international scholarships category.