Donald A. Wehrung International undergraduate scholarship is one of the most important scholarships offered by the University of British Columbia in Canada for the undergraduate level. This distinguished scholarship includes all the majors available at the Canadian University for undergraduate degree, and funding depends on the student’s need to pay tuition fees and take care of living expenses while studying in Canada.
Through this article, you can check full information about Donald A. Wehrung International undergraduate scholarship 2021, eligibility, required documents and application procedures!
All You Need to Know about Donald A. Wehrung International undergraduate scholarship 2021
The University of British Columbia is ranked third among the best Canadian universities, and at number 45 in the world, The University of British Columbia (UBC) is a public research university with campuses in Vancouver and Kelowna, British Columbia. Founded in 1908, the University of British Columbia is the oldest university in British Columbia. We find one of its most important colleges and schools:
College of Applied Sciences, Architecture and Landscape Architecture, College of Arts, School of Business Administration, Community and Regional Planning, College of Dentistry, College of Education, Postgraduate and Postdoctoral Studies, College of Journalism, College of Law, College of Medicine, College of Nursing ,, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Public Policy and Global Affairs, College of Science, Social Work.
This need-and-merit-based award recognizes outstanding international undergraduate students from impoverished or war-torn areas who have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and who would be unable to attend university without financial assistance.
- Hosted Country: Scholarships in Canada.
- Hosted University: University of British Columbia.
- Duration: 1 year (renewable).
- Coverage: partially Funded.
- No. of awards: Not Specified.
- Language of Instruction: English.
- Study Mode: Full-Time Study.
- Eligibility: Undergraduate.
Donald A. Wehrung scholarship Areas
Donald A. Wehrung International Scholarship in Canada includes all undergraduate majors at the University of British Columbia, which are the majors and programs associated with the following educational colleges:
- Trade and Economics (17 programs).
- Earth, Environment and Sustainability (31 programs).
- Education (7 programs).
- Engineering and Technology (33 programs).
- Health and Life Sciences (47 programs).
- History, Law and Politics (21 programs).
- Languages (17 programs).
- Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics (25 programs).
- Media and Fine Arts (22 programs).
- People, Culture and Society (38 programs).
Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award BENEFITS
The value of your Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award is proportional to your demonstrated financial need and sufficient to cover living expenses and tuition costs for your degree of study.
Your award may be renewed for up to three additional years of undergraduate study or to degree completion – whichever comes first – provided you achieve satisfactory academic standing in your faculty, continue to demonstrate financial need, and maintain your Canadian study permit (student visa).
Scholarship Application Eligibility
To be considered for the Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award:
- You must be an international student who will be studying in Canada on a Canadian study permit.
- You must be graduating or have recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school.
- You must have graduated from high school no earlier than the month of June two years prior to the academic year you are applying to. For example, applicants for 2022 must have graduated from high school no earlier than June 2020.
- You must be applying for your first undergraduate degree.
- You must meet UBC’s admission requirements, including general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
- You must demonstrate superior academic achievement (achieve all As or equivalent standard) and leadership potential.
- You must come from a war-torn, politically unstable, or economically disadvantaged region of the world.
- You must have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances and have no financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary education in your own country (because it is unavailable or unattainable) or outside your country (because it is unaffordable).
Please note: If you are nominated for a Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award, you will not be considered for merit-based awards, including International Major Entrance Scholarships and Outstanding International Student Awards.
Application Procedures for Donald A. Wehrung International undergraduate 2021
Check out this short video on how to apply for university programs in general:
The student must be nominated for the Donald A. Wehrung International undergraduate scholarship by a School Guidance Counselor or Educational Officer at the school where the student attended. Hence, the first step is to ensure that the school you have studied at agrees to your candidacy for this Canadian scholarship.
It should be noted that the school that will nominate you can only nominate 2 students for this scholarship. Thus, you and two other students from your school can be nominated.
The tasks that must be performed by the student can be summarized as follows:
- The student must choose a teacher or faculty member who taught him before and who can provide an academic reference for him.
- Send the teacher (referee) details to the candidate (the school that will nominate you). Send the instructor’s details, including name and email address, to your school. The school will need this information to initiate your scholarship application.
- Apply for one of the undergraduate programs at the University of British Columbia in Canada. While you are waiting for the response to your school’s nomination for you, you can start the Canadian University application process to try to create your own account on the university’s website. Without a username and password, you will not be able to submit a scholarship application.
For the school to help you and nominate you, you must send this document. The document outlines the steps that your school must follow in order to nominate you for this scholarship. Never attempt to apply for the scholarship on your own! Because your application will not be taken into consideration, and the university requires that the scholarship be applied for through your school.
Donald A. Wehrung International undergraduate scholarship in Canada is a scholarship that is repeated annually and usually begins in September or October of each year, and closes at the beginning of January of each year.